Isn’t it interesting when you can look back on your life and see threads of pain and purpose? I find it fascinating.Training
It reminds me that God is always at work even when we can’t see it.
Over the years, I’ve experienced a number of painful situations and received healing. I’ve also received training for helping others through different means.
Below are various aspects of my personal and professional history as it relates to emotional health and spiritual growth. While I am not a clinical, licensed counselor, my training and experience can help Christians in a unique way.
After years of being a homeschool mom, running a ministry, and foster parenting, I have returned to my passion to help others through practical application of spiritual needs.
Training and Experience
- B.S. Psychology at Mankato State University, MN
- Minor in Special Ed.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Psi Chi Honors Society
Jolene is not a certified, clinical counselor. As such, she will refer counseling needs to those with further training.
- Life Breakthrough Coach via Life Breakthrough Academy
Jolene continues to receive training via counseling courses. These are typcially geared towards CE/CEU credit or the contribution of a degree or certification. She does not pursue official credit as she is not a licensed, clinical counselor. If CE Credit was available, it is listed below.
- More Than Counseling – Level I (Center for Relational Care, Austin TX) [12 CE Credit Hours]
- Foster Parenting Training
- Required training and follow-up training while fostering/
Jolene’s experiences range from personal trauma and healing to involvement with various programs and ministries over the years.
- Eclipse Crises Hotline
- College volunteer
- Trained by Crises Center
- Responsible for answering calls from people in crises, including the mentally ill.
- Provided listening and guidance towards further assistance based on needs
Wilson Center: Psychiatric Treatment Facility for Adolescents
- Live-in Foster Parent on Agency-Owned Ranch
- Managed home with up to twelve children, including five to nine foster children.
- Fourteen months fostering on ranch, one month in personal home
Jolene’s writing has been featured on various contributor and guest sites.
She has also been published in the following:
A Moment to Breathe: 365 Devotions That Meet You in Your Everyday Mess by the (in)Courage community
A Moment to Breathe is a compilation devotional that speaks to the heart of weary and messy lives. Jolene’s five devotionals include:
- Day 72: Finding God in a Deserted Heart
- Day 129: Finding Joy
- Day 160: Can I Just Have a Normal Life?
- Day 215: The Prayers We Neglect
- Day 349: Shaped Not Scorched